2020-05-07_10-33-08_848
2020-05-07_10-38-32_441
2020-05-07_10-47-52_201
2020-05-07_10-56-29_840
2020-05-07_11-14-38_882
2020-05-07_12-54-52_852
2020-05-07_13-10-32_951
IMG_0037
IMG_0038
IMG_E0011
IMG_E0012
IMG_E0015
IMG_E0016
IMG_E0071
IMG_E0072
IMG_E0080
IMG_E0081
IMG_E2594
IMG_E9628
IMG_E9632
IMG_E9882
IMG_E9979
IMG_E9980
IMG_E9983
2020-05-07_07-29-17_314
2020-05-07_08-42-58_062
2020-05-07_08-47-33_733
IMG_5396
IMG_E3964
IMG_E5466
IMG_E5467
IMG_E5468
IMG_E5470
IMG_E5469
IMG_E5471
IMG_E5488
IMG_E5526
IMG_E5528
IMG_E5532
IMG_E5533
IMG_E5540
IMG_E5539
IMG_E5542
IMG_E5543
IMG_E5547
IMG_E5548
IMG_E5549
IMG_E5550
IMG_E5551
IMG_E5552
IMG_E5621
IMG_E5624
IMG_E5625
IMG_E5626
IMG_E5627
IMG_E5834
IMG_E5835
IMG_E5840
IMG_E5842
IMG_E5841
IMG_E5843
IMG_E5845
IMG_E5846
IMG_E5851
IMG_E5853
IMG_E5855
IMG_E5856
IMG_E5857
IMG_E5908
IMG_E5911
IMG_E5913
IMG_E5944
IMG_E5951
IMG_E5945
IMG_E5947
IMG_E6007
IMG_E6006
IMG_E6079

Decommissioned from the Baltimore City FD in 2015 it was eventually sold for scrap. Part of the boat was saved for future plans that never happened. Cut off at the waterline, and behind the deckhouse, the bow has sat at Sparrows Point languishing.

 

PHASE-1: We have a plan to save it and place it on a foundation at our museum. The bow, wheelhouse, forward monitors, and part of the deckhouse would remain intact. The tower with the monitor would be preserved and moved forward on the deckhouse. The Boat would be repainted with new paint in its white over the red color scheme.

PHASE-2: After it’s in place at the museum electric will be run to illuminate the boat at night as well as all of its original lighting fixtures. The Monitors will have new custom tips made and be reworked to accept 2 ½” line feeds so we can bring the Tommy back to life by pumping water through the monitors.

PHASE-3: The Wheelhouse would be restored to a time period in the vessel's life (the goal is 1956) and the remains of the deckhouse would be converted into modern rotating exhibit space covering topics on Fireboats, and Mayor Thomas D’Alessandro, Jr., BCFD Captain Smith, etc. Please contact me for further information.

Sponsored in part by

1301 York Road, Lutherville, MD 21093

410-321-7500

Open Saturdays Year-Round 10-4

Summer Hours:

Wed.-Sat. 10-4 June-August

Tours available by appointment 7 days a week.

  • Facebook Clean
  • Twitter Clean
  • White Instagram Icon
  • White Tumblr Icon

© 2020 Fire Museum of Maryland